Year 2 had their first SAT this morning. This year, the tests for Year 2 will be spaced out over the month of May, rather than concentrated into one week. It is crucial that your child attend school on time every day during the test period.
SATs have started for Year 6 this morning, after an excellent Breakfast Club session – a special Year 6 SATs Breakfast Club is happening in the Junior Dining Hall every morning this week, which is free for all Year 6 children to attend. An early start, a hearty breakfast and some calming yoga before school starts means that our Year 6 classes are relaxed and ready for the tests.
Here’s a quick reminder of the dates of the tests:
Please make sure your Year 6 child is in school early for Breakfast Club (which starts at 8am) every day this week, and please do not book any appointments during this week.
On Friday 13th May, we’ll be holding the Year 6 SATs celebration morning in the Junior Hall, starting at 9:45am. It’s also Go Green Day for Springhill Hospice, so we’re asking children to come into school wearing something green (whether that’s a t-shirt, a hairband, or that Ninja Turtle costume they just can’t seem to bear to part with) and don’t forget to bring your fundraising ‘Change Box’ with whatever spare change you’ve managed to collect!
Tomorrow we will hold a Celebration Brunch in honour of our Year 6 pupils who have worked incredibly hard this week completing their SATs. We hope you will join your child in this event. Please pop to the Key Stage 2 office to sign in upon arrival.
Where?Key Stage 2 Hall When?Friday 16th May, 9.30am – 10.40am
It was toast galore this morning in the KS2 Dining Hall! It really was wonderful to see so many of you turn up for our Free Y6 SATs Breakfast Club this morning.
We hope that this club will give you a relaxed and calm start to the day.
Letters went home to parents on Friday, inviting all Y6 children’s younger siblings to our normal daily Breakfast Club for SATs week only, which is based in the KS1 Hall. This provision is free, and we encourage younger siblings to come and take part. Each day we have activities such as yoga, WiiFit, indoor golf and games, as well as the wonderful breakfast menu of course!
Year 2 children will be taking part in their SAT’s throughout the month of May. As the children are so young, we have found the best way to implement the testing is in a low key manner.
The children will complete each test as part of a normal lesson.
It is essential that your child is in school every day, and is here on time. Tests cannot be ‘re-taken’. Absences will not be authorised during SAT’s.
Some things you can do at home to give your child the best possible chance of acheiving their potential in SAT’s;
* Early nights! Lots of sleep so they are ready to learn each day.
* Plenty of fresh fruit and water! Hydration keeps the brain awake. Water bottles should be sent with your child each day.
* Listen to your child read each night. Just 15 minutes makes a huge difference. Don’t forget to ask questions about the story and discuss it afterwards.
* Bring them to school every day. We welcome the children into the classrooms at 8.50am each day to ensure they have a calm and fuss-free start to the day.
I am sure you are aware that your child will be taking their SATâ€™s tests from Monday 13th May.
Here are some important details that you need to be aware of;
* Attendance is COMPULSORY during SATâ€™s Week. There is no opportunity to â€˜re-takeâ€™ any of the tests.
* Absences will NOT be authorised during SATâ€™s Week.
* Dental/Doctors/Hospital appointments must not be made for SATâ€™s Week.
* Children who are absent for their SATâ€™s are reported to the Local Authority.
* Punctuality is of utmost importance, as we will have no choice but to delay the start of the tests until your child is here. If in an extreme circumstance you expect to be late, please inform the school office.
* We are offering a FREE Breakfast Club for Y6 Pupils only for the whole week. 8am onwards in the KS2 Dining Hall, breakfast provided. This also gives the children a good opportunity to relax with their friends before starting the tests.
* Early nights and healthy eating will help to ensure their brains are ready to go!
We thank you in advance for your support and co-operation in this matter.